Volunteer at the
National Biodynamic Conference
To apply to be a volunteer at the National Biodynamic Conference 2023:
- Complete the Volunteer Application here
- Fill out and sign the Volunteer Agreement Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your application is completed and the agreement form is sent, Andrea, the Registration and Volunteer Coordinator will email you within one week with your confirmed shift and complimentary code to register. (Complimentary code is only provided to the individual that volunteer 8 hours)
- Attend (1) out of the (4) on-boarding sessions through Zoom that will be 30 minutes long. Attending (1) session is required to receive a complimentary ticket. We will send out a calendar invite to all of the on-boarding sessions once all documents are filled and sent to Andrea. The onboarding sessions will be taking place on:
- Wednesday, September 13th - 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM (PST)
- Tuesday, September 19th - 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM (PST)
- Tuesday, October 17th - 11:00 AM - 11:30 PM (PST)
- Friday, October 20th - 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM (PST)
If you already registered with the complimentary code and do not attend one of the training sessions, we will cancel your ticket on Monday, October 23rd.
- Registration Assistant: Help set up the registration area prior to the start of the conference. Assisting with a variety of tasks such as directing attendees, general registration, badge printing, speaker check in, etc.
- Room Monitor: Monitor the session door and answer basic questions about the event, display time warning cards for speakers, take room counts, run the mic for Q&A sessions as well as maintain the drinking water station and assist the stage manager as needed. This role will also introduce the session in front of the attendees.
- Showcase Helper (Saturday, November 11): Showcase helpers will set up and breakdown showcase vendors, check in showcase attendees at the door, and may be asked to help pour wine for tastings.
- Directional Assistant: Assist with a variety of tasks such as directing attendees to different programs, restrooms, exhibitor stations, monitor attendee waste products, etc.
- Exhibit Set-up Assistant: Assisting exhibit manager with booths on trade show floor, assisting exhibitors and sponsors, answering basic questions, giving directions, etc. during load-in or exhibitor hours
- Set-up and Breakdown Support: Moving boxes and chairs to prepare for specific events. Organize items prior to the event. Organize items and pack supplies away so the event management team can ship leftover supplies.
- Children Caregiver Assistant: Helping the children’s activities director as needed with creative play activities throughout the main conference. (Please note: this role requires a background check)
To receive a complimentary conference ticket, you must volunteer at least 8 hours, sign the Volunteer agreement form and attend (1) of the onboarding trainings
The complimentary conference ticket only applies to the main conference and not to any pre-conference events, meal packages, nor lodging. If you will need more financial assistance beyond a conference pass, please fill out the Scholarship Application.